The new year is here and so are the germs! Surviving cold and flu season is a must. There are a few tips and tricks to help the germs stay out of your home and away from your family. Every year, thousands of Americans are hospitalized with flu-related symptoms. Even when the symptoms are mild and hospitals aren't involved, the flu is miserable to have to deal with. Whether it is your kids or yourself, we want to help get your home free of the germs. From professional carpet cleaning to getting vaccinated, here are a few suggestions on how to protect yourself and your family from getting sick.
1. Make sure that your vaccinations are up to date! Each year there is a vaccine that is formulated to counter 3-4 common strains of the flu virus. These vaccines change every year, so make sure that you are staying on top of your shots!
2. Keep the germs off your hands. Make sure that you are constantly washing and sanitizing your hands. Your hands touch so many things throughout the day and are always picking up germs. Keep them clean with good soap and water!
3. Wash your linens! Kill the bacteria and germs that are living on your towels, sheets, and blankets. Wash your linens regularly with hot water and detergent, then tumble dry on hot heat.
4. Stay home! If you are feeling sick or beginning to see symptoms in you or your family members, stay home. You can be contagious the day before any symptoms even begin and for about 5-10 days after you get sick. So make sure that you stay away from others and try not to contaminate them.
5. Call in Chem-Dry! Ask about our Healthy Home Package at your next cleaning. Chem-Dry removed an average of 98.1% of common household allergens from carpets and upholstery. The common allergens tested were dog and cat dander and dust mite allergens. Additionally, our HCE process, when coupled with a sanitizer, was found to remove an average of 89% of the airborne bacteria in the home and 82.3% of the bacteria in carpets.
Use these tips and tricks to help keep the germs out of your home. Call the professionals to regularly clean your carpets and upholstery to keep allergens and bacteria away from your family too! Chem-Dry of the Midlands is here for you, schedule your appointment today at 803-481-2308!